|While it was up in the air, I tried to slide the trailer in. Wanted to see if the|
new side rollers were going to fit. They don't. The trailer shop will a piece of
tubing and we will make something that works.
While it was up in the air, I noticed that I had not removed the tape from the centerboard trunk so I had to crawl under a 425-pound weight hanging in the air suspended by slippery string. I did place some blocks so that if the boat fell I wouldn't be crushed.
I had ideas for an elaborate cradle but a couple of 2 x 4's notched at the appropriate angle worked out well. I used some carpet squares to protect the paint.
Once the keel was on the two "logs", I just added some blocking screwed to the "logs"--shielded with carpets of course.
Now the boat looks smaller. There is lots of prep work to do on the deck, seats, and floor, and I can start at 5:00 am tomorrow.