Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tanzer 16 painting project continues--right side up

 Tanzer 16 painting project continues--right side up --March 20, 2016  I can be a pretty patient guy, but I decided I wanted to flip the boat today.  My neighbor wasn't home and my crew guy, Tony, would have helped, but I didn't know I wanted to flip the boat today. I did manage to get it up in the air by myself--I had to find rubber gloves because the poly rope on the tackles is very slippery.

While it was up in the air, I tried to slide the trailer in.  Wanted to see if the
new side rollers were going to fit.  They don't.  The trailer shop will a piece of
tubing and we will make something that works.  




















While it was up in the air, I noticed that I had not removed the tape from the centerboard trunk so I had to crawl under a 425-pound weight hanging in the air suspended by slippery string.  I did place some blocks so that if the boat fell I wouldn't be crushed. 

I had ideas for an elaborate cradle but a couple of 2 x 4's notched at the appropriate angle worked out well.  I used some carpet squares to protect the paint.


















Once the keel was on the two "logs", I just added some blocking screwed to the "logs"--shielded with carpets of course.


















Now the boat looks smaller.  There is lots of prep work to do on the deck, seats, and floor, and I can start at 5:00 am tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The paint looks nice, blue boats for ever. This view of your boat (the last shot in the post) really gives it a fast look, nice!

    ReplyDelete