Saturday, October 31, 2015

Tanzer 16 -- Boom tent on #1460

Tanzer 16 -- Boom tent on #1460  -- Brian Mrachek adds a boom tent, October 31, 2015  -- Received the following email and pictures from Brian.  He is the Floridian who did such a nice job on his boat's refurb. That refurb is shown in the pages section.  Brian is also the guy to likes to take his Tanzer out on 70-mile open water races.  Too bad he doesn't like to race short -course, with a roller furling jib and spinnaker launching tube, he would be pretty competitive.

Jim,
Good luck on the boat.  I reinforced my centerboard truck. I probably added a little too much weight but I am not racing around the buoys like you guys.
My boat is now a true Gunkholer.  The boom tent is completed and we made cushions that can act as a bed.  Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to race this year.  We are expecting our second grandchild and its due the same time.  My wife is using her "Veto" powers.
I am thinking on doing the Florida 120. It would be good practice.  Its not a race but just a cruise with like minds.  I can also use the kicker and save a little rowing.
Anyways, I thought I would forward a couple pics. 
I really enjoy the blog.  Please keep it up!
Regards
Brian   

Notice Brian's trailer is pretty sweet too.






















































Practically the Hilton.













No comments:

Post a Comment