Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Emails of note

Some emails of note--Monday, July 22, 2013.  Received the following emails after I explained why I was thinking of looking for another boat already.  Yes, it has only been in the water three times--which translates to about $1000 per outing.

From my friend Fred sailing around the world slowly on his 43-footer:  Ha! This makes me chuckle. Two-footitis already.

Well I hope you stick to nice old boats which don't cost much and avoid the temptation to buy a $60,000 high performance marvel.

From my friend Tony who builds lovely cedar kyaks and crews in the C-Lark:  In his first email he asks if I am crazy.  A day later he says let's build a Flying Scot this winter.

From my son Bill: Please cut your Man Card in half, package it in a Pamprin box, and mail to my PO Box in Yelm, WA.
No danger there, Fred.  Tony, I just finished a project boat--let's buy something ready to sail.  As for you Bill, I will not mention the details of certain concessions you made to get me to drive you on your paper route one rainy afternoon back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment