Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tanzer 16--Spinnaker Halyard Relocate--New Outboard

Tanzer 16--Spinnaker Halyard Relocate--New Outboard -- July 7, 2015  Crew Tony asked that the spinnaker halyard and topping lift move in closer to the centerboard trunk.  Previously they were mounted on the bottom of the thwart.  After much messing about I decided to try putting them on the inside of the snubbing winch pedestal.  You could not do this on the factory-made pedestal because it sits on four legs (or in another version it has large ridges that get in the way).  The bent sheet metal provides plenty of surface area.  We'll see how it works.

Didn't look that stained when I took the picture.  Guess it's time to get out
there with some cleaner.
























The Tanzer I just sold had a different style pedestal with four legs.














Coming soon.  Report on new Honda 2 hp outboard.

2 comments:

  1. can you please tell me how to contact people with boats for sale on this site? I see one that I want to buy but there is no contact information. Thanks,Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I comb through the Craig's List ads all over the East and West Coasts and Canada, then I copy and post them as I see them pop up. Lately I have started adding the city and town to the Craig's list headline. Some of these ads are a couple of years old--but then some of the boats are still for sale. From now on, I will probably include the date that I saw it. jim

      Delete