Friday, June 27, 2014

Tanzer 16 Traveler for Main--Correction

Tanzer 16 Traveler for Main--Correction -- June 27, 2014  -- I need to correct an error on my last post. I showed you a picture of Ralph Crouse's boat and said that someone had added the tracked traveler arrangement.  This one:


















Turns out I was wrong; it came that way from the factory as an option--just like the pedestal.  I was looking at the plans--getting ready to work on the new mast--and I noticed the following:














Today's cliche (worth repeating):  Necessity is the mother of invention, but assumption is father of screw-up.



2 comments:

  1. Sort of complicates getting the rudder on and off, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pull a pin, and the tiller slips under the traveler, then you just pull the rudder off the gudgeons. Hopefully you had a cotter pin or ring in the pintle--about 25% of Tanzers for sale don't have a rudder or they have an "exact copy" made at home.

      Delete