Friday, April 10, 2015

Tanzer 16 if one boat is good, two are better--maybe

Tanzer 16 if one boat is good, two are better--maybe  -- April 10, 2015 -- What I really wanted was the trailer, but I had to end up buying the boat.  Mike was happy.  His wife was estatic.  My wife is waiting to decide how she feels.  Do I really need two Tanzer 16's?

I saw the ad on Craig's List and decided I would probably buy the thing myself.  Galvanized trailers are way better in salt water than regular steel.  So I drove up to Point Defiance and took the ferry to Vashon Island. Now I own Tanzer 1313.  It needs some work; there is a break in the aft bulkhead.  I could part it out for about $1000, but I want it to sail again.  I couldn't stand the hull being broken up or turned into a yard ornament.

This trailer is one heavy mama.  I can't lift it by myself unless I use a
2x4 lever.


















So I am offering the boat up and hoping someone will buy it so 1313 can sail again.  I may fix it up myself next winter.  There are some interesting details about this boat.  It has the original factory pedestal with snubbing winch--I like my homemade one better.  The deck is not riddled with holes like mine.  It has a mast that is definitely not factory--internal halyards.  Extra spreaders.  It has oar locks--factory installed.  It has the original traveler--in fact two of them.

















Excerpt from the comp page on this blog.  I will not be actively advertising, until I have moved my boat over to the new trailer--probably sometime this summer.

(I actually bought this one.  I wanted the trailer.  Now I am looking for a good home for the boat.  It is hull number 1313  --mine is 1307--  it is worth more in parts*, but I want to see it sailing again.  Needs work, but the hull  and deck are sound.  The mast is incorrect, but I might be willing to provide a factoy mast for the right buyer who can convince me that this boat will sail again.  Today's price:  $500 includes the trailer, a rudder and tiller, boom, 4 useable, but beat up sails.  It also includes my old trailer that has a new axle and bearing buddies, but it --the trailer-- needs TLC.  One of the sails came off of boat 585. --If I have to fix it up myself--$1800.  My fix will include a hinged mast for easy set up as well as the fiberglass repair.) *It could be parted out for about $1000.)

No comments:

Post a Comment