Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tanzer 16 - Buttoned up for the fall and winter

Tanzer 16 - Buttoned up for the fall and winter  -- September 13, 2016  Took the boat out of the water yesterday--beautiful day--almost went sailing instead, but it's time to button things up until next season.

I'm luckier than most folks--we have a huge carport we call the covered bridge.  The boat fits in there nicely.  Plenty of airflow. The sails are stored in a heated garage.  The boat cover will live there too.


















Took my time putting her away.  Checked everything, fixed a few pins on shackle pins.  Everything is ready to go for next year--1st or 2nd week of May.  I could fix a couple of paint dings--sometimes the starting line is pretty tight--but I will wait a another year or two and apply some more paint to the hull--maybe I'll flip it and paint the whole thing.  (Much easier than the cockpit and deck.)

Right of way issues--didn't protest.  Probably should have.  Bad form when
you are having a lousy day.



















So nothing to do, but wait for spring--AND rebuild the dinghy dock ramp so I can launch and retrieve single-handed--AND  do a few fixes to the Catalina 22 sitting in the shelter that formerly housed the RV.

Next--racing round-up--kind of painful.  Think I will put it off awhile.

By the by, the latest version of the hinged mast requires 38 minutes to take the mast down all by yourself--no fuss, no stress, safe.  I could have done it faster, but why?


No comments:

Post a Comment